Himal Innovative Development and Research Pvt. Ltd. (HIDR) is a company established by experienced, capable and energetic professional in the field of management and rights based development, especially targeting to women, children, and overall marginalised people/communities in Nepal. Since its establishment in 2014 in Kathmandu, Nepal, HIDR has been providing multi-disciplinary services from the beginning of its operation. Following a period of significant expansion in the field of research, advocacy, policy analysis, and community empowerment services, it is now one of the growing consultancy firms led by established professional women in the various sectors of human development areas. The HIDR team/group is a well-established name in the Nepalese consulting business in the area of study, research, evaluation, publication on social, economic, educational, cultural, political rights and overall human rights issues of women, children and marginalized communities.
It also provides management-consulting services to other agencies on the issues of human resource management and capacity building. The consultancy services are either undertaken by the HIDR itself or also in association with other local consulting firms. The HIDR is a learning organization that is looking forward to the opportunities associate with international organizations and experts as well.
- Joint advocacy through engaging with the member of the constituent assembly and the member of legislative parliament in warranting a rights friendly new constitution.
- Reforming government policy and legislation with a greater child rights perspective.
- Working with various levels of policy makers including the government authorities and political parties in Nepal.
- Mapping of current political development, engaging in various levels of advocacy works: planning, strategizing, relation with political leaders, working with CA members and collective joint work with various networks related to child rights, human rights, and women rights along with influential civil society leaders from different discipline.
- Contributions to the constitution making process for securing child rights in the new constitution, through sensitization and capacity building on the child rights issues.
- To work together with different stakeholders including CA members, policy makers, civil society, and other key stakeholders in warranting the child rights friendly constitution of Nepal and other necessary laws and policies.